How to prevent raccoons from eating my garden fruits and vegetables

We live on the county line between Multnomah and Washington Counties, halfway between Raleigh Hills & Garden home. The past two years we have been "visited" by Raccoons, waiting until our fruits are ripe to totally strip our grapes and later our pears! So far our 5 plum trees and 4 fig trees have been safe...but now we've planted a sizable vegetable gardena too, ( squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, beans, potatoes to see us through the pandemic....and contribute to the Food Bank.HOW CAN WE PROTECT OUR PRODUCE FROM THE RACCOONS? They recently visited our garden and wrung the neck a visiting duck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Would motion censor triggered lights be at all helpful...or ANY SUGGESTIONS would be appreciated!

Washington County Oregon

Thank you for your question. This actually is a problem better addressed by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW). I suggest you review the following article and contact them through the phone numbers listed on page 8: https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/sites/catalog/files/project/pdf/ec1579.pdf I hope they can help you. Good luck!