Giant Hogweed

We are concerned that we may have the poisonous giant hogweed around our property. We watched the MSU video on it and learned about the spherical flowers, purple versus green stem or green stem with purple speckling, height, etc. but are still unsure enough of what we are dealing with and are afraid of the risk if we tried to dispose of it ourselves and none of the plants are identical which makes it even more difficult to asses. Wondering if you can identify whether or not it is giant hogweed through these pictures and wondering if there is a local resource that is able to dispose of it properly (should it be giant hogweed)? Thank you for your help!

Delta County Michigan

It is most likely cow parsnip, but could you send some photos of the nodes on the stem to help me confirm that? You can submit them here or email them to me directly at hiller12@msu.edu.

Also, can you tell me a little more about the area? Is this a highly trafficked area? Would you be able to let the plants dry down if you were to treat them with a herbicide? In most cases with giant hogweed we advise treating it and leaving the plant there to desiccate.

I look forward to hearing from you.