Pressure canner gague testing

Asked July 6, 2020, 2:01 PM EDT

Where can I get my pressure canner gague tested?

Benton County Oregon

1 Response

Pressure canner gauge testing is available at some County Extension Service offices, where a safety risk management plan has been implemented. Please call the Benton County Extension office directly to see if they have a plan in place for testing gauges (541) 766-6750.

In addition, Robnett’s Hardware, located in Corvallis will test pressure canner gauges and they sell replacement parts, too. Call for curbside service (541) 753-5531. Robnett’s Hardware 400 SW 2nd St Corvallis.

If you need to get your gauge tested, but are uncomfortable coming to the OSU Extension Service office, the Family & Community Health Program recommends that you convert your dial gauge canner to a weighted gauge canner, as weighted gauge canners do not require testing. If you own a Presto pressure canner, you can purchase a 3-piece weighted gauge from a store that offers canning equipment. If you own an All American canner, you can purchase a conversion kit online. For more information about pressure canners, consult the publication “Using and Caring for your Pressure Canner:

Thanks for contacting Ask an Expert!