Bugs

There are bugs all over my back deck and back siding of my house here in Sisters, Or. Just having moved here from the valley I wanted to make sure they aren’t ticks or something else dangerous to my Husky, myself, or my home. They range from tiny to SUPER tiny, and I have to imagine there are thousands of them around based on what I’ve seen. They seem to have a more or less black head, antennae, and a yellowish/black marked body.

Deschutes County Oregon

Hi!

Those are insects, not ticks. Insects, like these, have 6 legs and antennae.Ticks, on the other hand, do not have antennae and they have 8 legs.

Those might be juvenile true bugs (Order: Hemiptera) that just hatched out, given their general appearance and their numbers, but the resolution of the photos is not really good enough to tell the type of insects with certainty..

Best wishes!