Wind direction

I chanced to see this website while browsing for information on wind direction. I live in Cheltenham, PA 19012. Have a small piece of land 100 ft by 150 ft on Walden rd in Montgomery County. Am working on a house plan which will incorporate the sunlight and wind for comfortable living and less use of energy. Have few trees. What is the wind pattern in this region, so I can position the windows for free flowing wind?

Much thanks for your input.

Bella

Montgomery County Pennsylvania

Wind direction varies by season but generally speaking it will be from west to east during most of the year. Winter time may see a prevalence from the northwest. During summertime it may be from the southwest or southeast. The following link provides additional scientific insight. Hope this helps. https://scijinks.gov/trade-winds/

Thanks Rick for your prompt reply! That is useful. I will look into it.

I have a lot and am planning on building a house. It would be facing Southeast.
I want the house to have enough free flowing air during summer and also have the benefit of cross ventilation. I am deciding on where to place the windows and doors.

Hence the question.

Bella

Good luck with your project.