Is This Aster Yellows?

This echinacea has been growing and blooming very well for over ten years in this spot. This year though, I began to notice some deformed flower heads. At first, I thought nothing of it. Sometimes it just happens. But over time, it became more obvious. I recently heard about a disease called aster yellows, and I saw how similar the symptoms appear. There is nothing else of concern, and the plant appears mostly healthy other than this. I would really like to know if this is just a few deformed flowers or if it's aster yellows. Thank you!

Washington County Minnesota

The echinacea in your photo does appear to have Aster yellows. In echinacea symptoms will often show in the blooms and the plant will ok healthy. There is no treatment once a plant has Aster yellows. It needs to be removed and disposed of in the trash. Below is a link with information about this disease. https://extension.umn.edu/plant-diseases/aster-yellows