I have about dozen apple trees we grow to make cider. Every year the apples...

I have about dozen apple trees we grow to make cider. Every year the apples are disfigured and small. I dormant spray & lime sulfur in late winter. I use Bonide fruit tree spray prior to blossom and again after. We Fertilize late winter/early spring (12-12-12). I have never tested the soil, I have never added powdered limestone or magnesium sulfate. I believe the problem is apple scab. trees are 15 - 25 years old. I have the trees back in our field away from the house. This year looks like another total loss. I cannot figure this out, any help would greatly be appreciated! Thank you, Cary Olson

We have a ~12 gallon 12 volt applicator. I modified the wand extending it to ~ 8 foot with a broad fine mist nozzle that applies very heavy to cover limbs/leaves/trunk. I've noticed the leaves are not nearly as damaged as previous years, mostly the fruit is damaged. The trees are dwarf/semi dwarf varieties - not much higher than 15 foot, 6 - 20 foot across.

Medina County Ohio

I have attached an apple spray schedule for your reference. Unfortunately it is important to get a proper diagnosis to see what disease or pest may be causing issues to help narrow down what part of your spray schedule may be failing.

I'd like to ask you if you could send photos here, or you can reach out to the local Medina County Extension Office and set up an appointment in person. This will give me a better idea of what is happening.

You can reach me at the Medina Extension Educator at 330-661-6404 or you can email kulhanek.5@osu.edu and we'll work on improving your crop together.