Planting from Seeds

I live in Woodland Hills, a neighborhood in the Los Angeles county, California. Pretty hot and dry...usually between 85 - 105 with most of days around the 90, 95 deg F. I wish to start growing vegetables, and herbs from seeds. And then transplant the seedlings in a raised bed. Already put some seeds of beets, oregano, parsley, basil, Swiss chard, squash, sage, and cilantro; planted about 4 weeks ago in small yogurt cups with a hole at the bottom for drainage, almost constantly moist in full sun about 6 to 10 hours. Nothing germinated yet. Whats wrong ? Can you advise please what to do next ... the raised beds with drip irrigation are ready to be populated and at the moment I decided not to buy seedlings but sowing seeds on a side place outdoors. Thanks for your advise Reuven Koter

Los Angeles County California

Thank you for your question, Reuven. Since we would need more information about your plants and the soil, I suggest you contact your county Extension office directly: http://celosangeles.ucanr.edu/about/cooperativeextension/

They may need photos in order to help. Good luck!