How do I kill weeds in my large flower garden?

My large flower garden contains an invasive weed that has a lovely white flower, grows 8 - 14 inches tall, spreads with underground roots like the wild morning glory, and releases a stink when disturbed. I was told its name was chameleon. I would like to spray it with something that would kill its roots, but not spread to roots of nearby flowers. I have a 24 oz plastic spray bottle of Garden Safe Weed and Grass KIller labelled For Organic Gardening. Is that appropriate, or what do you recommend? I have tried digging up the plants and roots, but I never get all the roots and it comes back.

District of Columbia County District of Columbia

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.