Weeping Cherry care and pruning

Hello. My wife and I planted a small weeping cherry tree at our home over 20 years ago when we purchased our home. It has since grown to approximately 8-10 inches in diameter and is very full with blossoms each spring and leaves the rest of the growing season. The front yard where it is planted is not very large and the tree now is quite overwhelming, in a sense, given its fullness compared to the space around it. I would like to know if there are any extention resources in my Kentwood, MI location that might help me determine the most appropriate care and pruning for such a wonderful tree. Thank you.

Kent County Michigan

I do not know of any extension resources that would come to your house. You might want to contact a certified arborist and have them look at your tree. You can find one in your area by searching on treesaregood.com. Since your tree sounds very important to you make sure you find a certified arborist.