Small Dogwood With Problem

My small dogwood, planted last fall, and looking really good in the spring now looks like it has something wrong going on. I don't know whether it is a fungus or something else. I sprayed with an antifungal, but I don't know if that will do the trick. Please give me your assessment. I have attached a picture. Thanks RKP

Montgomery County Maryland

The dogwood foliage is showing symptoms (leaf scorch, purple red discoloration, white film) of powdery mildew, a fungal disease. We have had many questions on this due to the cool, wet spring and possible poor growing conditions.

There is a range of susceptibility among dogwood to powdery mildew. The best recommendation is to plant powdery mildew resistant varieties in the future. Pruning for air circulation may help. You will have to monitor the plant in the future and decide if you want to spray fungicides or horticultural oil products listed for powdery mildew. This disease does not kill the plant but can weaken it.
Water the tree during dry periods, make sure mulch is no thicker than several inches and away from the base of the trunk. Prune any dead wood.

Here is more on care and management of diseases of dogwood https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/flowering-dogwood-trees-selection-care-and-management-disease-problems

Marian