Orange hawkweed in yard

A few days ago I noticed some orange flowers blooming in my yard. I did some research and found out they are orange hawkweed. If you break a stem there is a white foam liquid inside. I have about 40 of them in my front yard and a few in my back yard. I have no idea how or when they got there. I don’t see any in the neighboring yards. From what I read, they are pretty nasty plants and can take over. What to do? 1) Do nothing. Mow them over and forget about it. 2) Dig them up (but might spread them via the roots breaking). 3) Spray them. What should I use? I have bees and try to stay away from herbicides, but maybe in this case I will have to spray.

Anchorage Alaska

That's orange hawkweed. If you want the hawkweed gone you will likely want to spray them with an herbicide. Since you have bees some general precautions you can take are to spray early in the morning or late in the evening when bees are less active. Mowing the flowers down before you spray could also help make the area less attractive to the bees. You might know your bees best. On most herbicides once the sprays have dried the herbicide is absorbed by the plant. We have a publication on how to control orange hawkweed here http://cespubs.uaf.edu/index.php/download_file/1460/
It includes herbicides you can use. Always read the label, and apply the right amount. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the herbicides.