Hibiscus Rose of Sharon

I’m looking for a plant in front of our east-facing house on the SE corner (Near a downspout) to replace a red osier dogwood. The deer love to eat the leaves of the dogwood so we fenced it but that is not a sustainable long-term situation. I’d like to replace the shrub for a plant that does not need to be fenced.
Do you think Rose of Sharon would work without being fenced? We live in north boulder and the deer live here almost year round. I saw online that the rose of Sharon is deer resistant. Is that your experience? Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Boulder County Colorado

Hello, Deer are a problem in many areas of the country as they have no natural predators. Unfortunately, there are no ‘ deer resistant‘’ plants or shrubs. There are preferable and less preferable plants. A link to a Fact Sheet Deer Resistant Plants for Homeowners follows; Https://www.canr.msu.edu/ilm/uploads/file/deer_resistant_.pdr I hope that this helps.