Cucumber disease

I put a raised garden at our house last spring. I’ve never had an issue with my cucumbers, but last year I couldn’t keep any of my cucumber plants healthy. I planted my garden this year and it started out great. After a few week, the cucumbers are not looking good again. Any ideas? I’m thinking blight of some kind, but not too sure

Kent County Michigan

https://www.canr.msu.edu/resources/diseases_and_insects_in_michigan_cucurbits_and_their_management_e3276

Thanks for submitting your question and the helpful photos. Your raised bed garden is lovely!

From your photos alone, it is difficult to diagnose the problem, but I have pasted a link above that describes in detail common problems of cucumbers and how to avoid or treat them. The most likely culprits are cucumber beetles, downy mildew or anthracnose. The underside of the leaf will present more clues.

Primary ways to prevent disease in cucumbers are crop rotation, sanitation and selection of disease resistant varieties. With a small garden like yours, crop rotation is not really viable, so sanitation and selection of disease resistant varieties are really important.

I hope this is helpful and I wish you bountiful crops.

Laura