Dying branches in Juniper bushes

Last year you helped me with concerns I had with redwood trees on our property. They look great now. Thank you. My question now has to do with dying branches in our Juniper bushes. We had almost all of the dead cut out last year but the problem seems even worse this year. I thought the problem might be insects so I cut some small branches off and tapped them on a white paper and took pictures of the insects. The most insects came off of the branches that were turning lighter green, the dead branches didn’t have much show up. I’m attaching pictures. I zoomed in as close as I could but the insects are very small. If you think the insects are the problem I would like to know what spray to use and if it should be sprayed before or after cutting out the dead. I appreciate any guidance you can provide.
Best Regards,
Dennis Turkovich

Linn County Oregon

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.