Pressure canning

Asked June 24, 2020, 6:34 PM EDT

Do you test pressure canners

Clackamas County Oregon

1 Response

Clackamas County Extension is doing gauge testing by appointment only to maintain safety/risk considerations for both customers and employees. Please call the Clackamas County office at 503-655-8631 to make an appointment.

If you need to get your gauge tested, but are uncomfortable coming to the OSU Extension Service office, the Family & Community Health Program recommends that you convert your dial gauge canner to a weighted gauge canner, as weighted gauge canners do not require testing. If you own a Presto pressure canner, you can purchase a 3-piece weighted gauge from a store that offers canning equipment. If you own an All American canner, you can purchase a conversion kit online. For more information about pressure canners, consult the publication “Using and Caring for your Pressure Canner:”

Thanks for contacting Ask an Expert!