Suggestions for Name of This Plant

Hi Folks, I'm clearing a fallow pasture donated to my local municipality for native plant re-introduction when this plant popped up; at a glance I thought it was a Dichelostemma species (wrong). It does share several similarities: single stem ~30" tall, no leaves at the base, and at one time had several blooms coming out of a center ball. The history of the field is that it was donated to the City at least 15 years ago, before, had been a working pasture for decades, and is wet during the winter with occasional standing water. The soil is Willamette Valley clay/silt, but drains remarkably fast. Given its history, it's likely introduced/invasive, but I didn't want to kill it until I knew for sure. Any suggestions? I wish I had seen it in bloom, however the pasture grass is/was waist high, so it was likely buried until I wacked the surrounding grass to allow it to stand. Photos are attached. Thank you

Linn County Oregon

Greetings,

That is Wild garlic (Allium vineale). Wild garlic (Allium vineale) is a cool season perennial in the family Liliaceae. It grows in small clumps from late fall through early spring. Wild garlic leaves are hollow and have a circular cross-sectional shape, while wild onion (Allium canadense) leaves are flat and solid. Wild garlic reproduces by seed, underground hardshell bulbs, and aerial bulblets produced in clusters at the terminal end of a scape.

To learn more check out these links:
https://invasive-species.extension.org/allium-vineale-wild-garlic/

http://oregonstate.edu/dept/nursery-weeds/email_pubs/wild_garlic_email/wild_garlic.html

Teagan; first, thank you for the information and the associated links. I read those and Googled a few more; decided to dig a 10" diameter circle around the bulb stalk to determine the situation. I found another seed stalk today, so dug two holes: I got two seed heads and their associated bulb clumps, in addition, from the two holes, I got a total of 32 additional soft/hard bulbs. My limited data strongly challenges the cost/benefit analysis of spraying over a day laborer with a shovel. The sprayer would get only one of 17 potential plants while the day laborer would get essentially all; especially if the day laborer was accompanied by a automated dirt sieve. This plant is without a doubt, the most frightening invasive I've fought. I'm very unhappy about the situation; but at least have the knowledge to start the battle. Thank you and I really appreciate the service you and the "ask the expert" have provided; the battle started today.

Jim Smith