Brown spots throughout the Lawn

What is wrong with my lawn? More than five years ago I leveled this area and had sod laid. Over the years more and more bare spots and brown spots have appeared. I had the soil tested by you and it all looked okay. I have seeded bare spots and even then few take with tender loving care. I have a lawn service that fertilizes, sprays for broad leaf weeds and last fall they aerated it. The situation just keeps getting worse.

Kandiyohi County Minnesota

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your question. I'm not a lawn care specialist but unfortunately there are none available. I really don't know what has happened to your lawn but at this point it looks to me like you need to start over. Evidently your lawn service people don't have any idea what the problem might be? I assume that you watered the sod and also the seed and that the seed was put down early in the year before it got hot. I would consider dormant seeding this fall. You will have to remove all of the plant material. You could consider solarization of the area by covering it with plastic so that everything is killed. If there is a disease issue that could be killed as well. You would then be able to dormant seed late this fall. I am going to include some links for you to look at.