Lawn treatment drift

On June 11th, a lawn care company treated our lawn for weed control, trying to tame the Creeping Charlie that is invading our lawn. The lawn technician got too close to our vegetable garden and along with wind speeds of 11mph, there was drift that affected many plants in our raised bed garden. The spray caused the young plant leaves to curl and wilt, affecting beans, peas, carrots, tomatoes, lettuces, cilantro, and zucchini. After realizing what had happened, i generously sprayed down all of the foliage with water. As I'm writing this today on June 22nd, our garden has for the most part bounced back and looks to be generally healthy. My question is, will the harvested vegetables be safe to eat after experiencing this herbicide spray drift? The product sprayed is made by BASF and is called Drive XLR8. I've tried reaching out to BASF without results.

Hennepin County Minnesota

I am not qualified to say that your produce will be safe to consume. It is beyond my area of expertise. I have asked for an opinion from someone else on the matter. I will let you know when I hear. For now I would not eat anything from the garden.

I am an Extension Educator in Food Safety. The product that was applied is not labeled for use on horticultural or food crops. Therefore it would not be safe to consume crops that came into contact with this chemical. Without further testing, we do not know the levels of residual chemicals that might be on the crops.

Here is the label that I was reading when referencing this question: http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld8LD012.pdf