Lemongrass not growing well

I bought a lemongrass plant at Lowe's last July. I split it in two and planted each half in its own pot. I took it inside when it started getting cold last year, and took it back out mid May this year. It doesn't appear to be growing. I pulled out some brown parts over the winter. Other than that, it looks about the same as it did when I bought it. It sure doesn't look like the big lush green lemongrass I see on youtube. It gets about 5 hours of sun a day. Maybe it needs more?

Baltimore County Maryland

In general, lemongrass likes full sun, plenty of moisture, and fertilizer. They do not like it dry. Remove any dead stalks and repot in a well drained potting soil and make sure the container has good drainage. Apply a ½ strength solution of a nutrient balanced water soluble fertilizer every 10 days to maximize growth. Bring potted plants indoors when temperatures cool in the fall as they are a tropical herb. Here is more information https://extension.usu.edu/yardandgarden/herbs/lemongrass

Also, It is easily grown from grocery-store stalks. Cut off the foliage to 1 inch above the stem. Put in water and in a sunny location. Change the water daily. You should see new leaves very soon, and roots developing in about a week. New stalks will appear in a few weeks. When the roots are at least 3 inches long place in a pot and grow as above.

Marian

Can you recommend a "nutrient balanced water soluble fertilizer"? How about Miracle Gro?

Miracle Gro soluble fertilizer is fine to use. Follow label directions.

Marian