Feverfew

Hello, I bought a new home last year in Westland (in Corrado park neighborhood, we love the master gardener butterfly garden there!) The previous owner was a master gardener too and there are a lot of really cool perennials in here I keep uncovering! There is a really beautiful Asteraceae-something in the back of the garage (west facing) and I am wondering if it is feverfew. I would really love to harvest it for tea because I get migraines. I have other herbs and teas that I am growing to dehydrate but I really want to make sure it is really feverfew so I don't get myself or anyone else sick. I included some photos but I can also send a sample if that would help too. Best, -Courtney Berry-Santoro

Wayne County Michigan

These photos do appear to show feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium). You can compare your live specimens to the MI Flora page to double check.
https://michiganflora.net/species.aspx?id=500

I cannot comment on the medicinal properties of this plant, but I would recommend exercising caution when consuming any new plants to ensure that there are no adverse effects/reactions.