Trumpet creeper vine

Please help!! I have tried for 3 years to get rid of Trumpet creeper vine. I have tried the vinegar and salt method, I have used a stump grinder, I have put Round-up on it. It just keeps coming back. Please help me get rid of this. It is taking over my yard

Genesee County Michigan

Sorry about your vine issue. Would you be able to send us a few photos of the plant and the area it's taking over? Then, I'm going to turn over your question to our weed specialist.
Regards, Irene

How did you put the Roundup (glyphosate) on the trumpet creeper vine?

Triclopyr (the active ingredient in Ortho Poison Ivy and Tough Brush Killer, among others) is the best herbicide for persistent woody vine. The best method of treatment is to cut the vine and treat the cut surface (in 5 minutes or less) with the concentrated herbicide. The same is true for treatments with glyphosate. In the case of both of these products you need to purchase the concentrate (~8% triclopyr or 40% glyphosate) and not the ready-to-use product (0.7% triclopyr or 1-2% glyphosate).

Depending on how dense and established your infestation is, retreatment may be needed.

If you have photos to share as Irene suggested that would be helpful. You can submit those here or send them to me via email hiller12@msu.edu. Please reference this conversation if you email. Thank you!