Disturbed top soil

My established boulevard garden was totally destroyed when the workers doing the gas line upgrade project broke the boulevard shutoff water pipe. The pipe replacement meant that two huge 8’ deep holes were dug. The removed dirt, including the topsoil was heavily disturbed. After the pipe was repaired, bobcats carried in new topsoil to the disrupted boulevard area. My question is: will wildflower seeds be able to grow on this new soil ? Is there a need to add some soil supplement before Throwing seeds?

Hennepin County Minnesota

We don't know the nature of the "topsoil" that was spread to finish the job. However, generally speaking, native grasses and wildflowers are hardy and adaptable enough to grow in less than ideal conditions. We can't think of anything that would prevent growing wildflowers in the location you have described.

The following information may be of interest: