Mold in strawberry plants

How do I get rid of mold in my strawberry plants? I’m trying to pick out all the moldy berries so they don’t infect healthy fruit. I’m also pulling out the decaying leaves on the soil around the plants. And I’ve been pulling out healthy leaves to reduce the canopy of green that may inhibiting air circulation. Is there a homemade natural spray I could use?

Marion County Oregon

Gray mold in strawberry fruit are one of the most common fruit diseases in the home garden. The rain we receive during bloom and fruit development is the problem. Anything you can do to clean up old leaves and plant debris and keep the canopy as open as possible will help with disease. If you are growing June-bearing cultivars this is a very common problem. If you want to grow day-neutral cultivars, which fruit all summer, the problem is much reduced or eliminated altogether as the plants bloom and fruit in dry summer weather. The link below is to the discussion of this diseases in the PNW Disease Management Handbook and offers a lot of information. Please have a look and feel free to write back with questions.