Quilting with a hoop

Hi! I'm about to hoop hand quilt my first quilt. I've always machine quilted them in the past. I'm worried about the fabric getting wrinkled though as it sits in my lap and as I work on it over a few months. I'm not worried about puckers or gathers, I know how to hopefully avoid those.... I'm worried about actual wrinkles in the muslin backing and quilt top (like how clothes would wrinkle). I've ironed and basted, but I'm still nervous. I don't know anyone who hand quilts to ask and all my Google searches think I'm talking about puckers in the fabric. Thank you for your time and any assistance or tips you can provide. My number is 859-951-7035 if you prefer to call. Thank you Danielle Hartley

New York County New York

Thank you for your question for eXtension. The topic area in which you've made a request is not yet fully staffed by eXtension experts and therefore we cannot provide you with a timely answer. Instead, if you live in the United States, please consider contacting the Cooperative Extension office closest to you. Simply go to http://articles.extension.org, drop in your zip code and choose the office that is most convenient for you. We apologize that we can't help you right now, but please come back to eXtension to check in as we grow and add experts.