Beech tree looks yellow and troubled

Hello, I have two columnar beech trees in my front yard. One looks very healthy but the other has been showing signs of disease this Spring and now it is evident that something is wrong comparing both trees. This one has yellowish leaves.. smaller in size and very droopy.. is this a disease? A lack of nutrients? Thanks

Oakland County Michigan

Beech trees are sensitive to overly wet soil, compacted soil and salt. They are also very susceptible to sunscald. If just one of your trees is being affected I suspect there’s a problem with the soil or with the roots themselves.
Check that your downspouts are not depositing water onto the roots. Check the backs of leaves for aphid insects. If a walkway is near, was salt used this winter that has washed into the soil? A soil test for salt may be needed.

I recommend you hire a certified arborist to assess the tree as soon as possible. A certified arborist is a professional who has taken training in care, diseases, pests and passed certification tests. He/she will come on site and give a complete diagnosis and a plant care plan, and can perform procedures needed such as aerating the root zone or otherwise treating the tree. Find certified arborists by zip code here—- www.treesaregood.org