This is eating my hardwood floors

Can anyone tell me what this is. I noticed sawdust on hardwood last year and this spring all of a sudden, my hardwood in that area was eatan away and i found these bugs dead on floor.

Harris County Texas

Good afternoon,

I think this weevil may be the black wood weevil, Tomolips quercicola. A related species, Eastern wood weevil, Hexarthrum ulkei, is known to prefer soft woods such as pine, and particularly when the wood is/has been consistently exposed to moisture. Not much is known about this species and any other information beyond what you have already provided would help add to the database for this species. For instance, do you know the type of wood beyond it being a hardwood? Also, is the wood in either the kitchen or bath or an area where the wood tends to be damp/stay damp? Also, do you still have the specimens and if so, would you be willing to send them to me? If the area where the wood is damaged tends to stay damp, one way to help manage the problem would be to replace the damaged wood and then make every effort to keep the wood as dry as possible. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions for me. I wish you success in eliminating the problem.

All the best,

Noel Troxclair
County Extension Agent - Ag/Natural Resources
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Travis County
1600B Smith Road, Austin, Texas 78721
PH: 512-854-9614
Mobile: 830-279-4976
noel.troxclair@ag.tamu.edu