Concerned

My thuja are 3 years old. This year I tried jobes tree spikes and I’m worried it’s burning them up but we also had two very late hard freezes that did lots of damage to trees and plants plus we went from very wet and cool to extreme heat and no rain for 3 weeks.

Trigg County Kentucky

We've been getting lots of questions about landscape trees having issues, many have been related to cold injury and or aggravated by the sudden dry hot weather. If that is the case generally time and water conserving practices- which it appears you are already doing are all that is needed and really all you can do. Additional fertilizer from your spikes probably isn't causing the issue but generally they shouldn't be necessary for most trees. If you could give us a call at 270-522-3269 we will be glad to help you sort this out Thanks