Spraying for bag worms

Hello, I am wondering if you could recommend a tree company that does tree maintenance, in particular spraying for pests. We had to cut down two every greens that were infected with bagworms last year (after handpicking them and paying for additional handpicking at higher levels). I would like to spray the giant arbovidae now so the possible large would die. Thank you in advance for your help! Cristina

Howard County Maryland

Hello Christina,

We do not recommend particular businesses, but any landscape service that employs pesticide applicators could treat the trees for you, especially if they are hard to reach. Sprays of B.t. should be applied soon, as young bagworms are much more vulnerable to this pesticide than older ones, and egg hatch will occur soon if it hasn't already. If the trees are too tall for this treatment, an applicator might be able to use a systemic injected into the trunk instead.

Miri