Unknown bug in house

Hello - I have found this type of insect two times in my house and am now worried about what it is and what it might be doing to my house. Can you please let me to identify it?

Clark County Washington

I can't tell from your photos what kind of beetle this is. There are about 400,000 members of the beetle family, and close examination of minute anatomical parts must be done to identify them. However, I can say that the beetles we have here in the PNW are not structural pests, and this doesn't look like a "pantry" beetle that could infest food. If you found it in your kitchen pantry, you may want to look at your stored grain products for evidence of infestation, but it doesn't look like that kind of beetle to me. The best bet is you have a couple wandering ground beetles (beneficial insect!) who wandered a bit too far. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi Alice -

Thank you for the response. It’s good to know there is nothing to worry about with my house.

I hope I don’t find any more in the house, but if I do, I will relocate it outside.

thank you-
Gregg