Yoshino cherry white fungus

My flowering Yoshino cherry got this fungus this year. I have read that it means the tree is dying. Is there anything I can do besides cut it down? It seems otherwise healthy and flowered well this spring.

Fulton County Georgia

This is some type of wood decay fungus. The tree is declining. Cherry trees do not perform well in our area due to the heat, humidity as well as the acidic clay soils. Most perish in a few years after planting although some can live for a very long time. One thing might help: get some lime from your local garden center and broadcast around the root zone of the tree, which will help raise the pH of the soil. That may help.

Will do, and thanks - I have 3 of these Yoshino trees in north Atlanta, one has been there for 14 years and doing great, and then two have been there for 10 years - this is one of those, so I guess I have been lucky!

It’s the one on the right with the issue