Bug Identification

Asked June 3, 2020, 12:18 AM EDT

What type of bug is this? I have noticed them in window sills and near wood projects. In the picture, they are on my deck railing.


1 Response

They are so small it is difficult to ID precisely. I think they do look like collembola (also known as springtails). Try using Google to look at images of springtails to see if these are consistent with what you are seeing. Springtails are quite common in the spring and fall, particularly in areas with high moisture.