My beautiful lush hedge roses have an increasing number of yellow leaves, and...

My beautiful lush hedge roses have an increasing number of yellow leaves, and some of the yellow leaves have dark green spots. Otherwise, the roses are beautiful. Last year I had some black spot, and so I want to make sure I care for them properly and don't let a problem spread. Most of the yellow is either just one leaf, or a small spray of leaves low in the bush or under other branches. I understand that they may be yellowing because they are not getting enough sun, because the bush is so lush with leaves and flowers. I just want to get ahead of any problem I need to attend to. I have fed them twice this season. Should I clear out the bottom of the bush, to limit the number of leaves that yellow? Is there something else I need to do? Thanks.

Multnomah County Oregon

Thank you for the images.

The close up reveals the beginning of black spot. Several affected leaves are also seen in the other images.

You're correct about the lush plant but the continuing moist weather is also contributing to the problem. Drier conditions have been predicted and, when that occurs, should help slow the disease.

For now, remove and discard affected leaves, both on the plant and on the ground.

Thanks. Not the answer I was looking for, but I know what I need to do. Thanks for the quick response