Holes in Kale & cucumber leaves kills plant

What is eating up my kale and cucumber seedlings? I suspect ants. They formed a hill around one of my kale plants and pretty soon it was gone. I sprayed with ant spray around the remaining 3 plants but it looks like they too are being eaten up. Now the same is happening to cucumber, sweet pea and Mexican red bean seedlings. There are no ant hills by those plants. There are no bugs visible or anything crawling under the leaves.

Washington County Minnesota

It looks like slug damage to me. With the moisture we have had and your straw mulch you have a great environment for slugs. https://extension.umn.edu/yard-and-garden-insects/slugs

I don't think you ants were causing any problems with your vegetable garden.

I suggest you put out some beer in small containers like a crème cheese container in your garden and see what you come up with. It doesn't have to be an expensive beer; a slug's taste in beer is pretty
mundane!!!