Seeding grass after using a "Weed and Feed"

Hi, I just read that by using a Weed and Feed containing 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) and 2-(2-Methyl-4-chlorophenoxy)propionic acid (mecoprop) for weed control, that I should not put down grass seed for 12 weeks. It this true?

Frederick County Maryland

If by reading you mean you got this information off of the product label then yes, then it is true. This type of information should be on the label and an important reason for reading them. In any event, this is not the best time to be seeding. By the time the seeds germinate and begin to grow it most likely will be the beginning of hot, dry weather. The weather we have had since March and up to now has been perfect for sowing seed and growing grass. But as you know in Maryland, that can change quickly this time of year. You should wait and see what September is like and plan to seed then.

Deb