yellow/orange rust on jack-in-the-pulpits

I have a shady yard with a lot of jack-in-the-pulpits. I've seen yellow/orange rust/fungus on quite a few. Do I need to destroy the ones that have it to control its spread? Any other options? I don't want to lose them all.

Ramsey County Minnesota

The management for rust is to remove the affected parts of the plant before it can spread to other plants. If the whole plant is affected, you should remove it. The good thing is that jack in the pulpit spreads pretty readily, so even if you lose a few this year, all is not lost. I will include a link below to the Missouri Botanical Gardens with further information, if you're interested.

I would also recommend mulching as fungi live in the soil and mulching will prevent fungi from splashing onto plants during rain and/or watering.

http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/gardens-gardening/your-garden/help-for-the-home-gardener/advice-tips-resources/pests-and-problems/diseases/rusts.aspx