Sweetbay Magnolia leaves turning brown

Our year old sweetbay magnolias looked fine when the leaves came out hos spring and recently started budding and smelling wonderful. The other day I noticed the leaves were turning brown at the tips and creeping up till all brown, the smaller leaves already completely brown. People suggested frostbite . I have no idea and don't want to lose them . Do you have any idea what is happening to them and what I should do to save them? Thank you!!.

Montgomery County Maryland

The tree sounds beautiful.
We think this is likely cold damage from the couple of belated frosty mornings we experienced. It would be especially noticeable on branch tips with new, tender growth.
The tree should be fine and push out new growth.

Christine

Thank you so much for letting me know what caused the leaves to turn brown! What a relief. I thought for sure I was close to losing the 2 of them. I'll just leave it alone and enjoy the wonderful scent of the blossoms! You made someone very happy