Disease or insect damage?

I do not see any insects but do see damage on our skip laurels that are in their second year. I have removed yellowing leaves and leaves on the ground thinking that if it’s a disease then I need to remove affected dead leaves. Please advise Re treatment.

Baltimore County Maryland

It looks like your cherry laurels are showing symptoms of cherry shot hole disease. Cherry shot hole is a foliar fungal disease favored by wet weather. The infected leaf tissue falls out and "shot holes" are left behind. The damage is cosmetic and no chemical controls are recommended.
Here is our blog post for more information (possible disease and insect issues) and how to grow cherry laurel in your landscape.
https://marylandgrows.umd.edu/2019/01/07/qa-whats-wrong-with-my-cherry-laurel-shrubs/

Marian

Thanks Marian. So Skip Laurel and cherry laurel are related or the same plant w two names?

Yes, they are related. They are cultivars of the species, Prunus laurocerasus.

Christa