vining jasmine yellowing leaves

I have a vining jasmine, growing in a pot. The leaves are turning yellow. I've pruned it, fertilized it, and still it continues. I can see no pests on the stems or leaves. I think maybe the soil need to be enhances or the plant is root bound. the plant is older, is 10 feet tall, Do you suggest I remove it from the pot and put in fresh potting soil? Or should I try to amend the soil currently in the pot?

Multnomah County Oregon

Thank you for your question. I cannot see the container it is in, nor do I know how long the plant has been in this one. But the plant is large enough I suspect it needs to be repotted into a container that the plant's roots can expand and absorb the water and nutrients you're adding. This is a fast-growing plant--both above and below the soil, and I suspect it needs a new pot at least twice as wide as the current one. Although this article addresses houseplants, the recommendations apply equally to outdoor potted (woody) plants: https://extension.psu.edu/repotting-houseplants

Good luck!