Blueberry leaves yellow with green veins

I have a new plant as of a month ago. I put it in a pot with good soil I thought. It grew 5 leaves on a stem but I accidentally broke it off. The mail stem leaves only 5 have started turning a little yellow /green with green veins. I want it to grow. What am I doing wrong? How often in a pot should you water. I thought every 3 days. Need expert advise please.

Gwinnett County Georgia

The symptoms you describe sound like iron chlorosis. This is generally caused by the pH of the soil being too high. Blueberries prefer a soil pH of 5. I suspect that what you tough was good soil was not acid enough for blueberries. If you can test the pH of the potting soil. You may need to repot with peat moss. Fertilize with rhododendron/azalea fertilizers which have the correct blend for blueberries. Sprays with iron chelate will make the symptoms go away for a week but they will return.