Oregon grape blooms and grapes

4 years ago I planted an oregon grape plant. It has gotten quite large. This is the first year it has any yellow flowers and grapes. However, it had very few flowers and it looks like it will have very few grapes. Is there any way I can increase the blooms and grapes for next year?

Washington County Oregon

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell you what different to do without knowing the care it's been given. Many failure-to-fruit issues, accompanied by plentiful foliage, is as a result of applying too much nitrogen near the plant. This often happens if the shrub or tree is close to a lawn, which has had nitrogen-rich fertilizer applied. With this species, non-fruiting is not a result of shade, as with other fruits and berries. Here is a description of their needs: https://landscapeplants.oregonstate.edu/plants/mahonia-aquifolium

I am sorry I can find nothing else in Extension literature to help. Sorry.