Should I plant a rhododendron in full sun in Minnesota?

I received a new shrub for Mother's Day and don't know if it will be able to handle a full-sun area in our yard. It is a rhododendron 'catawbiense boursault', approximately 24" tall now. The tag on it says "part sun". I just wonder if too much sun will eventually kill it or cause it to not bloom. Since it's hardy for -20 degrees, could it take extra sun, too?

Anoka County Minnesota

Thank you for your question.

The plant would prefer more shade and can tolerant almost full shade as well. How many hours of sun does the spot get? Anything over 6-8 hours is considered full sun. 4-6 is part shade and anything under 4 is considered shade.

Thank you for answering my question so quickly and completely. Since the spot intended receives more than 8 hrs. of sun, we may have to rethink our plan and substitute it for something else.

Have a super week! Thanks again.

Have a super week! Thanks again.