Holstein Beef Production

My name is Keegan Mebert and I am an exhibitor at the Kent County Youth Fair in Lowell MI. My family and I have a few holstein steers that we are raising for direct to consumer market and have really enjoyed it. I have been looking into how to efficiently and effectively raise them. What truly is the best way to raise a holstein for beef? We have limited pasture so we feed a lot of grain and hay but grain becomes expensive and I feel that using silage or corn or another alternative is a better way to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I navigate this new experience! Thank you in advance for your time. Keegan Mebert

Kent County Michigan

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.