What is this bush?

When we bought the house 10 years ago we were told this was an Amur Maple. However, I'm having my doubts now. The leaves don't look right and it never flowers in the spring. Another thing is, I took these photos today and I don't recall it ever having fall colors in the spring like this. I did give it a massive trimming about a month ago.

Lyon County Minnesota

Are these photos ones that you took of your tree?

Yes they are, taken yesterday.

It is a maple. The red foliage this early in the spring is a little unusual. Usually they turn bright red in the fall. Have they always been this red color in the spring?

I've attached a photo I just took a few minutes ago of just the tree/bush. Is it an Amur Maple or different type of Maple? As far as I can recall, I've never seen anything other than green in the spring. Thanks.

It is an Amur Maple. Was for that type, I am not entirely sure. A lot of the characteristics that determine that are the foliage colors in the fall and colors of the samaras. The foliage should be green in the spring and looking at the bark it also matches the bark characteristics of Amur maples.