Violets invading lawn

What is the best way to eliminate violets that are spreading throughout my lawn? Do i need to kill all the grass to kill the violets?

Washington County Oregon

Thank you for your question. These perennials are very difficult to control. Here is an Extension article with information about their control, together with the herbicide which will kill them (and most other broadleaf plants), rather than grass: https://turf.purdue.edu/wild-violets/ Please follow label directions if you use a chemical. Good luck!

Thank you; I did purchase Triclopyr 4 but could use some help in understanding the dilution formula I should use for my hand sprayer. I intend to use 1 gallon of water and spot spray for the violets and creeping charlie. Here is the text from the Purdue article:
"For best control with triclopyr use more than 0.5 lb ai/A. Turflon Ester Ultra and Triclopyr 4 at 1 pt/A will deliver 0.5 lb ai/A; and at 1 qt/A will deliver 1.0 lb ai/A. Chaser, Chaser 2 amine, Confront, 2-D, and Tailspin will also deliver ≥0.5 lb ai/A."
How much chemical should I use in a one gallon sprayer?

You should use the directions on the label, not Purdue's description. You'll just need to reduce the number of gallons, and then calculate the amount of herbicide to add by that same factor.