Help with identification of this tree

Attached are images. I live in Southeast Texas, but this might have come from elsewhere. My father had a habit of bringing home plants he found in various places around the country. He's has passed on, so I can't ask him what he knows about this one. The mature tree is growing up through the branches of an oak tree, and it is almost as tall as the oak tree. The baby tree (pictured) is one that was found growing out of the wood foundation on the outside of our greenhouse, and we are seeing if it will transplant as a cutting with root stimulator. If you have any information that can help us with this process, or whether is will be successful, please share. The tree kept up the appearance of perfect health for three days after we cut it and transplanted it, but now it looks wilted. Thanks in advance for helping us with this identification.

Montgomery County Texas

That is a parasol tree. For the transplanted tree, it would have been better suited to transplant during the winter. However, it can still be done. Just make sure the soil stays moist and does not dry out. At least until it can not show signs of drooping/stress. Thanks for the submission. MP