will composting kill this?

this has taken over my huge garden. I have tried to scrape it off, but invariably I don't get every single bit and it comes right back! Help! I wondered if composting might kill it......

Clackamas County Oregon

Thank you for your question. I would need to see the plant with better clarity to be certain of its species, but no weeds will be killed by (hot) composting unless the temperature reaches 160. And, unless you get every root, rhizome and vine out and off of the soil, and tissue remains, the plant will return. I'd like to tell you the exact species, but you'll need to send a clearer photo (so I can count the leaves on the vine, and have some idea of the exact size of the leaves. Thanks!

This definitely is not a vine. The plant is super thin, flat, and breaks up into a million pieces when you try to scrape it off the dirt. Aggggg. The only "roots" I could find were filaments as thin as a hair...

It is liverwort. I don’t want to supply a simplistic answer, and think the following is an excellent solution: https://oregonstate.edu/dept/nursery-weeds/weedspeciespage/liverwort/liverwort_control.html Good luck!

thanks for your help and the link to further information!