Lawn Not Growing

We built our house in 2013 and I installed sod. Over the years the yard has depleted every year even though I do my best to take care of it. I seem to be getting more and more weeds every year even though i pull and spray them when i see them. Last year i was fed up so I detached and slit seeded the entire yard with a kentucky blue grass. The grass initially looked like it was coming up and doing well but then it stunted and started to dye off. None of the grass grows in my yard and in some spots i can leave it for 3 weeks without mowing because it just doesn't grow even though i water everything, with a professionally installed in ground irrigation system, every other day. This year i bought a cheap soil test kit from a box store and checked my PH. From the looks of it, my PH was way too high. The color was off the chart they provided which went up to a PH of 8. I checked my neighbors yard to see if i was doing the test correctly and his was checking between 7-7.5 so i believe i was doing it correctly. What are my best options to correct the situation that i am in. Thanks.

Hennepin County Minnesota

The best thing you can do is get a soil test. You know that your soil is alkaline, a soil test will tell you exactly what you need to do to amend your soil for lawn grass. It will take out much of the, often expensive, trial and error.

http://soiltest.cfans.umn.edu/