Possibly starting a perennsial flower garden at 1905 Main Streert, KFO

I am interested in speaking with a master gardener who has a particular interest and expertise in perennial flower gardens. ( or maybe even native plants ) I would like to gradually add perennial flowers to a garden at 1905 Main Street ( the old Klamath Medical clinic. ) I have currently 5 purple perennial Salvias planted in the bed and I usually add multiple annual petunias to this in the summer for color. I am interested in converting to more perennials and then using maybe less, but some annual petunias for the added color. The garden has automatic sprinklers and they will be kept on at least this summer even though Klamath Medical Clinic has moved to the Collaborative Health Center near the hospital. There are no employees or patients at the old clinic, but I would like to keep this flower garden going as long as I am physically able to do so. I would just like less annuals and more perennials, but still add in some annuals for vivid summer color. I want to do this for the Mills Neighborhood, the swimming pool and anyone else who travels on Main Street in that area. I could use some advice / help on what to plant for perennials??? Thank you for your time. Glenn Gailis MD.

Klamath County Oregon

Thank you for your question, Dr. Gail is. Sounds like a great project! Your question was referred to a staff member in Klamath County; I am a Master Gardener in Clackamas County. I know no MGs near you, but the major impediment just now is that all Master Gardener activities are on hiatus through August. Since now is the worst time to be planting perennials, but optimum to plan, I’m going to suggest that you call the Klamath Basin Research and Extension Center, 541-883-7131. The office May be staffed only remotely, but you should be able to get some feedback. You might also try contacting the Garden Club chair for the District, many of whose members are Master Gardeners. https://oregongardenclubs.org/district-map/klamath-district/ Good luck in your endeavor!