Flower called pussytoes

This flowering plant called pussy toes is taking over my lawn, do you have any recommendations on how to get rid of it?

Fulton County New York

Thank you for your question. There appear to be about 4 plants, all named "pussytoes," and I need a photo (or the Latin name) to see what plant you're trying to eradicate. Thanks!

Here is the picture of it

Thank you. Because this is a plant valuable to the painted lady butterfly caterpillar's survival, I can find no Extension information with recommendations about controlling it. http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?taxonid=302490

You have a couple of options. You can apply an herbicide which hills broad leaf plants (not bulbs and grasses) such as glyphosate; you can modify the environment so it has an inhospitable area with more water than it can tolerate; or you can dig it out, and replant it in a place where gardeners value the butterfly and/or have a dry, rocky environment. Hope this is helpful. Good luck!